Police at Kasoa in the Central region have arrested 101 suspected criminals operating in the area.
The suspects who are within the age brackets of 19 and 35 were arrested in four separate swoops in areas such as Obom Road, Adade, Akweley and Gomoa Nyanyano.
The suspects made up of both Ghanaians and other foreign nationals are according to the police largely into internet scams popularly known as ‘Sakawa’ with others also into other suspected crimes including robbery.
A pump action gun with live cartridges was retrieved from one of the raided areas.
Other items retrieved by the police include 126 laptops, forty mobile phones, nine passports, internet modems, cash amount of GHC334 and other wrapped substances believed to be Indian hemp.
Speaking to Starr News’ Central regional correspondent Kwaku Baah-Acheamfour, the Kasoa district Police commander ACP David Agyemang Adjem indicated that the issue of internet fraud poses serious security threat to residents and therefore needed to be stumped out of the society.
He indicated that 10 of the suspects were arraigned before court Friday morning and have been remanded into police custody pending further investigations.
The rest, he added have been screened and would be sent to court soon.
He, however, appealed to the public to volunteer information about the suspected individuals so that they could be flushed out.
He emphasized that information from some individuals in the area led to the arrest of the 101 suspects and that the police would protect the identity of the informants at all times.
More from my site
- NEWS|| Famous Robber Arrested At Aflao
- (PHOTOS): Helicopter carrying gold forced into emergency landing at Asamankese
- Ghanaian Police Man Caught on Camera Beating A Woman Mercilessly In A Banking Hall
- VACS – I wasn’t paid for Stonebwoy’s Beat I played “Mane Me”
- GFA officials threaten to expose Nana Addo if Nyantakyi is hounded – Andy Kankam
- White woman accuses Nigerian musician, Runtown of $124,000 fraud